Submissions for the 2017-2018 Glass Chapbook Series are now closed. Thank you to everyone who sent in their manuscript!
For submissions to Glass: A Journal of Poetry
, please go here
Glass Poetry Press seeks to publish four to six chapbooks per year. We do not charge reading fees and we do not hold contests. Each chapbook is selected during our open reading period or, occasionally, through solicitations. Note: our inaugural reading period will begin in 2017.
Our open reading period is from March 1 through March 31. All submissions must come through our Submittable page
. We plan to make all final decisions within eight weeks of the end of the reading period. Unless authorized by the Glass Poetry Press editor, any submissions received outside the reading period or by any means other than our Submittable page will be ignored.
Please submit only one manuscript per reading period. We do accept, and encourage, simultaneous submissions. Please withdraw your manuscript immediately if it is accepted by another publisher.
Formatting your manuscript:
· Manuscripts should be between 15 and 25 pages (not including title page, acknowledgements, etc), give or take. Each poem should start on a new page.
· Include a title page with the title of the chapbook, your name, your mailing address, your phone number and your email address.
· Include a table of contents and an acknowledgements page, if applicable. Individual poems within the manuscript may be previously published but the manuscript as a whole cannot have been already published.
· You may include a brief, professional biographical note but this is not required. The bio note should be given its own page.
· Manuscripts should be single spaced and written in a standard font and standard size (12 pt. Times New Roman) with standard (at least 1 inch) margins.
· Please include a brief cover letter in the space provided by Submittable.
· Do not include pictures with or within your manuscript.
We are interested in poetry that enacts the artistic and creative precision of glass. We are not bound by any specific aesthetic; our only mission is to publish collections of high quality writing. All styles, forms and schools of poetry are welcome, though easy rhymes and "light" verse are less likely to inspire us. We like poems that show a careful understanding of language, music, passion and creativity. The best way to get to know our tastes is to purchase a copy of one (or more) of our chapbooks. Additionally, you can read the Glass: A Journal of Poetry archives or read a recent issue of The Indianola Review.
Our mission is to engage with the wider literary community. To do this, we are committed to publishing a variety of new, emerging and established voices. Further, we are committed to inclusion and equity in publishing. We highly encourage submissions from underrepresented voices.
Our chapbooks are hand-bound and side stapled with full-color card stock covers. Each title is assigned an ISBN. Initial print runs are 100 copies. Each chapbook will be kept in print as long as there is sufficient demand, to be determined by the press.
Authors whose chapbooks are chosen for publication receive fifteen complimentary copies and may purchase additional copies at a discounted price. Authors whose chapbooks are chosen for publication will also receive a complimentary copy of the other chapbooks published during their year.